What can you see?
• covers approximately 1/4 of route one or the mangrove boardwalk on wooden stilt structures weaving through the mangroves.
• Listen to the calls of the cicadas.
• At high tide, observe crabs and shellfish on tree trunks.
• At low tide, look out for the unusual roots of the mangroves.
• Look out for water snakes and horseshoe crabs in shallow streams.
• Watch mudskippers maneuver across the mudflats.
• Resident birds such as herons, kingfishers, sunbirds.
• Freshwater plants.
• Migratory shorebirds/waders such as plovers and sandpipers
• The traditional method of prawn harvesting will be demonstrated and how the tidal influence play a part in this activity (subject to stated schedule/timing)
Pickup time: 0900hrs
Guide: English speaking
Duration: 2 hrs
Min pax: 4 to go
Tour Code: ED20091114 – Sugei Buloh
Advise on Proper Preparation for Nature Walk,
• Wear light, breathable clothing.
• Wear appropriate footwear that will support and protect your feet
• Wear a hat as much of the walk will be in the open.
• Bring enough drinking water to last your walk. 1 litre per person per 3 hours is a good estimate.
• Bring a camera and binocular to capture your experience.
• Also bring a small easy-to-digest snack to energise yourself but do not little.
• Prepare raingear and plastic bags for electronic and other delicate items.
• Before your walk have a good night's rest, drink plenty of water.